bringing you to the world via pilgrimages of excellence
Keane Travel Terms and Conditions
Individuals needing assistance: IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our tours operate outside the U.S. where the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is not applicable and facilities for disabled individuals are limited. Most transportation services, including tour busses, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps or lifts. We cannot provide individual assistance to any tour participant for walking, dining, while in their room, on flight, getting on and off motor coaches and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion(s) must accompany travelers who need special assistance. It is the passenger’s responsibility to arrange for such assistance prior to making their reservations.
Due to new requirements and rules established by the airlines and hotels, we are compelled to change our policy regarding reservations, cancellations and deposits for groups. Your tour is priced using the lowest available airfare and group hotel rates, and in order to maintain our competitive prices, we must comply with the demands of our airlines and hotels. In order to meet these demands of the airlines and hotels, the following rules have been structured:
You must advise all cancellations in writing, by the person named on the reservation. Phone calls cannot be used as a method of cancellation. Cancellation terms will be applied based on the date the written cancellation is received. In addition to a $200 per person fee, the following cancellation fee schedule will apply:
•Registration to 151 days prior to departure date, $200
•150 days prior to departure date, $200 [plus $300 cancellation fee]
•149 to 110 days prior to departure date, $200 [plus $500 cancellation fee]
•109 - 50 days prior to departure date, $200 [plus 50% total trip fee]
•50 - 30 days or less to departure date, $200 [plus 80% total trip fee] Refunds will be issued 30 to 60 days of receipt of written notice. No refund or cancellation fees will be waived due to sickness or death.
DEPOSITS AND REGISTRATION: A $500 (Special trips may incur separate deposits) per person deposit is required at the time of booking, including the full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address of the individual traveling. Deposit and/or payment in full must be received within 7 days of booking or reservation will cancel. If registration within 60 days of departure, full payment is required at the time of booking. Final payments not received within 21 days of final invoice due date, will cancel.
DUE TO THE RESTRICTIONS OF LOW COST AIRLINES ON WHICH YOUR TOUR IS BASED, passengers who may register after the 90-day deadline may not obtain the lowest cost airfare. If they wish to join at that point, they may be compelled to pay the next higher airfare. The low cost seats are being sold by the airlines to those passengers who are willing to purchase their tickets well in advance. The same will apply to low cost hotel rooms for groups. The hotel has the right to sell the low cost rooms to anyone who is willing to make a deposit towards the reservation well ahead of time. Final Payments due 90 days prior to departure. [Special tours may require different dates.] Airline tickets – once tickets are issued the ticket value is non-refundable.
RESPONSIBILITIES: THE TRAVEL AGENT TOUR OPERATOR, KEANE INTERNATIONAL IMPRESSIONS [KII], acting only in the capacity as agents, in making arrangements for various transportation companies, hotels, restaurants, contractors and any persons carrying out services in connection with the tour as described in the brochure and/or online documentation. KII will exercise reasonable care in making such arrangements, however, they do not assume any liability whatsoever, for any injury, damage, loss, accident or delay to person or property because of any acts of war or terrorism, any act of default of any hotel, carrier, restaurant, company or person rendering any of the services occurring during a tour under their managements, sponsorship procurement, or otherwise. The carriers, accommodations, and other suppliers providing services are independent contractors and are neither agents, nor employees with KII. All travel tickets, coupons and documents for services issued are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier, and to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied.
• The Tour Operator, KII, reserves the right at its discretion to change or alter any part of the itinerary, hotel accommodations or aircraft equipment, without notice. The right is reserved to decline or accept or retain at any time any person as participant in any tour, or to cancel any tour.
• The schedules contained herein are subject to change without notice. • All rates are quoted in US currency, based on Exchange rates in effect at the time of printing of the tour brochure/online posting and are subject to adjustment without prior notification.
• Rates are based on the number of participants. In the event of changes therein or changes in the number of participants, on which the rates are based, an increase may be incurred. Great effort will be made to accommodate travelers to another trip or to revise the itinerary. Cancellation for any of these reasons will not be eligible for refund.
• All tickets, coupons, tariffs, rules or contracts currently in use by any carrier, hotel, restaurant or other contractor rendering services shall constitute the sole contract between such contractor and the tour member.
• The contract in use by transportation companies concerned, shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation companies and the tour participant. The airline(s) providing transportation are not to be held responsible for any act, omission, or event during the time that passengers are not on board their aircraft or conveyances.
• In the event the air carrier with whom the chartering organization has a contract to perform the air transportation described, is delayed in performance or unable to perform with such aircraft, the provision of the relevant Civil Aeronautics Board Economic Regulations and/or relevant IATA/ARC regulation shall govern the right and obligations of the parties.
PASSPORTS: A valid passport is required for all travelers. For information on acquiring a US Passport, visit http://travel.state.gov/content/ passports/english/passports/apply.html This link will take you to the U.S. Department of State website with information on passports and other travel related issues.
PAYMENT: Check or Money Order. Certified Checks are required for registrations within 30 days prior to departure.
TOUR CANCELLATION BY OPERATOR: Be fully aware that from time to time, a tour is cancelled due to lack of participation. In such instance, it is the operator’s sole responsibility to provide a full refund. KII is not responsible and does not assume responsibility for any additional costs or any fees relating to the issuance and/or cancellation of air tickets or other arrangements not made by KII. Great effort will be made to accommodate travelers to another trip or to revised itinerary. Cancellation due to state advisories and/or state warnings, Acts of War, War, Terrorism, Acts of God, Natural Disasters or any other circumstance outside the control of KII, are not the fault of KII. Cancellation for any of these reasons will not be eligible for refund.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: We highly recommend passengers buy the following insurance to avoid loss: 1. Hospitalization and evacuation insurance – to cover passengers of injury or accident while touring. [Please check your health insurance to determine whether it covers travel abroad.] 2. Trip interruption insurance – in case you have to return home earlier, due to injury of emergency. [check with us as to what coverage is needed to pay for airline tickets and what you would lose on hotels or touring previously paid. Trip interruption insurance coverage is available for passengers who cancel a tour [after deposits and/or payments are made] due to medical problems before departure. 3. Theft and loss of luggage – passengers should check first with their home insurance agent to determine whether they are covered while traveling before buying additional insurance.
DISCLAIMER: KII is not responsible for typographical or print Traveler’s errors including errors in trip cost. Rates in effect at the time of printing of the tour brochure/ online posting and are subject to adjustment without prior notification.